Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thank You's, Diane

I will randomly be adding to the blog. At this point I have an extreme amount of "stuff" in my head that I want to share & will probably forget most of it. So don't be surprised at the randomness of what I post. And even more so that I probably will forget many, many, many thank yous that I owe. (the following is in no order, I hope everyone knows that I)

My beautiful Mother-in-law! Thank you for being me the kids! I never wanted grandma to have to be me but I am so grateful you can keep their life as normal & be grandma while having through the weeks that are ahead for all of us. I you probably know but I will make sure to tell you, Scott is going to be so grateful that you were able to keep his kids happy, healthy & everything else you will be doing while he & I can not. He & I would have it no other way!!!! I want anyone following this to know that I will never be able to express the many wonderful emotions this has & will brings for us.

Wenatchee Trip: The most Argh 30 hours of my life! Anyone who saw me knows I only made it through that short period of time by thinking/doing one task at a time & by Caroline (my sister) helping me stay on task on step at a time...Thank you for flying so quickly to see us & for knowing you needed to stay longer for me & so much more! Thank you Betsy & Suz (Scott's sister & mine) for being Tara and me when we could not! We both want to stay close by Scott's side...Dang it I want to be in a chair next to him the whole time saying you can do it Honey! I want to cheer him on like I do in my classes but my voice changed from calming him down to making him want to get up a few days ago so I just stand moving his fingers & toes for him cheering in my mind. (ops random) Thank you to Jodi for being me for my house, car & classes and So Much More! Thank You to Everyone who has helped us there in Wenatchee. Everyone who I randomly got to see, talk to on the phone or whatever else. I could not have made it through leaving Scott's side any other way! Thank You mommy for getting me to Wenatchee. I know the Lord blessed the situation to have everything work out perfectly for each family member. Finally to Hillary for the amazing care package! I needed a way to keep my body healthy while here & she provided with yummy healthy snacks, drinks and of course weights/resistant tubing so I can get a little strength training in even at the hospital. I must say carrying the 30 lb basket up to my room and having a snack after was an experience after so many days of no exercise :) Oh yes & Aaron thank you for contributing to the basket, I know one thing that came form you super tasty toffee covered peanuts, right? Did I check those jars out for you back in the day when I worked the peanut window (sorry YMCA/work joke if you don't know. Days of working seem so long ago & yet it feel like this happened to Scott maybe 3 day ago)

I must thank Besty for this blog. WOW what a huge relief to know that anyone who wants to know how Scott is doing can find out when it works for them...and I don't have to try to get back to a missed call. What an extreme relief. When I find out how may people are following this I realize the extent of what she has done for me...it is over whelming to say the least!!!
I just read all the happenings here I was behind on. I love to read the comments after the posts. wow it's going to take Scott forever to read all the posts & comments when he's ready...yeah for that :) I'm blown away by the love & support we have received by so many people. I was telling Hillary yesterday that the "you find out who your friends are" phrase from some country song keeps going through my head. Yes to all those who have attended one of my cycling class, I listen to country music too. Shocking right? (see random) We have always known we have a close group of friends, but the support I have received and the willingness to serve from SO MANY helps me to realized that yes we have a close group but it is much larger than we ever knew! I'm not sure if any of you know how much this will mean to Scott when he wakes to find what I'm am learning each day here. I can't put it into words, but I know he will be.....Ah I can't explain it... AMAZED, UPLIFTED, STRENGTHENED BEYOND MEASURE!!!!
Please if you read and have a thought keep them coming, through posts or even the texts. I get them all even if I don't reply, they stregthen me beyond measure.
That's all for now. darn I don't have anyone to proof this hopefully it all makes sense. Diane:)

14 comments:

  1. ahhh...shucks. If you only knew how much I crave being in hospitals and typing. Oh, wait, I guess the typing part might be a little true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you all The Dueman's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didee..or I should say Crazy, I already miss you tons and love you & Scotty so much! You two are incredible. I'm going to get my license ASAP just for you so I can help with the plants or kittys or random crazy stuff :) I pray for Scotty and KNOW he'll get better so then I pray even more for Didee! I can't even describe how much I love you guys! You know I'm here to help with anything. ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you have made the momma-in-law cry...thank you letting me have the privelage of caring for your children..you and Scott know how much they mean to me as their grandma. They are precious and so are you guys. My heart is full of feelings of love for my family and friends...friends that are forever and people that I barely know have been so kind. I just want him to be well and himself again and know that you are the best person for him and am happy that I can be of help here with the kids. Love ya, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a great post! I'm crying as I read it. I am praying so hard for Scott, and know that God will bring him through! Diane, I can't even begin to know what you are going through, and how you manage to stay sane! You are a strong lady. Keep the posts coming, the randomness is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    YOu and Scott are so loved and I join with the blubberers. You got me crying too. I missed waving to Scott this morning as I headed to school. I always pass him as he and the guys are taking a break. I am ready for him to be back there because I love that smile. Also, I want to add my thanks to Suzy who has been our life line along with Betsy who has provided all the info. YOU are amazing. Tara we love you and are here always. Blessings to all. Love you! PS...Diane..if your post was random, I guess I am too...it was perfect in my eyes! Pary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much with the blessing of a visit in those very long and short hours to get everything done... We all loved to see you and hug you and cry with ya... Your YMCA family misses you all very much...
    Lady Cora was in today.... I happened to be in the nursury when she came in... Hey Peggy, I'm here- she said... I asked for a hug - nope she said and then yelled April's Fools and gave me a big hug and then was off playing with the kids... It was so awesome....

    We continue to pray for your family - Hillary and I spoke about it today.... Love ya
    Peggy at the YMCA...
    Haven't figured out how to make an account - something about old dogs working on new tricks.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been praying that today was a good day for everyone, and especially Scott. Thank you Diane and Betsy for keeping us updated on his progress. Everyone has been amazing and I am so glad you are getting the help that you need. If we can help in anyway please let us know. We love all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilian and Jim GetchmanApril 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM

    Chris updated us as soon as she heard. Jim and I have been following since the beginning. Betsy, thank you so much for having the fortitude to create this blog. Diane, I know you don't know us, but we are praying for all of you. Tara, you deserve a BEST GRANDMA OF THE YEAR award! All of our best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane,
    Check your email. I sent you and Scott some pictures of 'Monkey Wart' at school today and last week. They'll mak eyou smile! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane,
    I want you to know how much I love you. You have always been so strong as we grew up and I remember you were always there when I needed you. I miss living close, as life goes and we have our own families it's hard to do. Please know that I will always be here for you anything you need I will be right here. Please just ask. You amaz me all the time. You are an amazing mother, wife, sister, and friend. I pray everyday that things will be fine and Scott will be back with his family soon.
    Scott,
    I want you to know how much I love you as well. I know we are not as close as what you, Care, and Suz are. Just know that think of you as my brother. I enjoy the teasing you do to me, your sence of humor is so fun (sometimes)lol. I think its funny, I never have a come back. I enjoy talking to you and asking you questions because you are so intelligent. You are an amazing man! Some day I hope I find a man that compares to you. Thank you for all you have done for my wonderful sister and for the beautiful children you gave her. You two are perfect for each other!
    Love always your sister,
    Christina :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scott and Diane,
    Blessings are requested in your behalf each and every prayer. Feel the love of friends surrounding you and your family.
    Love,
    Mike and Kristi Anderton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diane,

    Just wanted you to know that we are keeping you and Scott in our hearts and prayers. May the Lord bless you and sustain you during this challenge.

    Heidi Fromm and family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di and Scott I love you. Thanks for calling on me to be at the temple whenever things are happening with Scott. There are so many blessings that come from being there and as my Bishop has told me; my attendance can bless my family. I have seen this happen and I know it is true. In the case with Scott the Lord has definitly guided the paths that I have taken with in those walls to provide the blessings that Scott needed at the time. The Lord has offered some wonderful sacred experiences and blessings for both me and Scott. I know how aware the Lord is of His son's condition and know that His hand is in this. Please just keep sending me to the temple when you need me to be there. Care, Dan and I will be going again on Saturday. I love the both of ya, cheek hug to you Scott and my beautiful Di love ya always, Mom Carlene:)

    ReplyDelete