Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 9 Morning Update

CT and Lung scans are done. He had them done about 1 am, since he was doing good and there wasn't much else going on at the hospital that late at night. Sounds like those came back about the same as last time...not worse. I was hoping to hear that they were a ton better.

They took the cooling system off of him because his body was getting chills and that's not good for him. The doctor was going to look into alternating between Tylenol and Motrin for his fever. The only thing is that ibuprofen is not good for his kidneys, so that's another thing they have to take into consideration.

They are doing the ultrasound scan right now to detect how his vasospasms are doing. I will update on the results of that later.

The staph/MRSA is another thing we're trying to get answers about. Hopefully he doesn't have it and it's just the bone flap that does....then there's the question of how to treat the bone flap before putting it back on.

I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record lately. Mom's on her way over right now with Coby and Cora. They'll be hanging at my house today with either my Aunt Pat or me...we may have to make some cookies. Yum!

~Betsy

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you Scott, Betsy, Diane, Coby, Cora and the rest of the fam. Thank you SO much for the updates. Hang in there kiddo. Love and Hugs, Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two positive things to go forth with... "Day 9" and "not worse". Keep up the fight Boog, and I have no doubt you will.

    ReplyDelete