Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 5 - Morning Update

Hmmm...let's see....I spent the night with Booger last night and all was pretty calm. They came in and bathed him around 2 am. Being his sister, I stayed back in my little corner and definitely didn't watch. LOL.

He's been pretty heavily sedated since yesterday so he didn't wake up at all during that. They brought in a portable CT machine (it's crazy how much equipment is around this place) and did another CT scan this morning, which show things as stable. They are going to increase his sodium to try and bring his brain swelling down some more. He had a chest x-ray also this morning, which does show some fluid/gunk in his lungs. This is sort of to be expected. Anytime there is a respirator in and he's not moving around, this can happen. He's not able to cough up normal stuff like we are. It is an issue that needs to be taken care of, but obviously the brain comes first. They don't want to suction it out because of the fragile state of his brain. Yes, it's a concern but they can't do too much for him right now.

As for his looks, the swelling under is eye is a lot better. It's not black anymore so in a weird way, it's easier to look at him. Or it's just easier because we're used to it.

I'm hanging with him all day today and again tonight. I think we're going to play some poker for a while, and no Booger, I'm not going to let you win just because you're sick.

~Betsy

8 comments:

  1. Hey Betsy,

    I just wanted to let you know that you, Scott and your family are in my (and my family's) thoughts and prayers. Thank you for starting this blog and updating it so frequently. I know it's been a pretty long time since I've seen you guys, and honestly it feels surreal to be reading this blog about Scott. I keep thinking of Booger back in the day and how he was spit fire with a heart of gold, who wouldn't let anyone get in his way...and it sounds like he's staying true to that right now :). I'm praying that his body keeps fighting through this. If you guys need anything at all I'm only a few minutes away in Tacoma. You are heavily in my thoughts and prayers.

    Stacy

    P.S. Bets you are an amazing sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all this morning. You are constantly in my thoughts. Betsy you are awesome for keeping us up to date. Maybe you could let Scott win at least one game of poker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Sandie...maybe I could. We'll see. Stacy, it's wonderful hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bets for trying to keep me calm and not lose it, for being positive for us all and taking the time to keep everyone informed. I don't know what is harder, being here and trying to be normal for the kids or being there. Give him loves for me and loves for you and Diane. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bets. Thanks for doing this and keeping us posted. We love you and your family very much and wish there was more we could do. I come by downtown every day on my way home. If you need anything (Jambe Juice, Starbucks, a magazine, whatever), please let me know and I'll bring it by. Not a problem, no trouble at all. Lots of hugs. ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, had to get the update while on my lunch break. I sure appreciate your wonderful sense of humor. I wish I had that talent. It's truly a gift. We're looking forward to seeing Diane and the kids tonight. Thanks for being there for Scott while she's away! Our prayers continue with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betsy, I am so proud of you as I know your MOM & BROTHER are too! You are doing a beautiful job keeping us all informed! I love your humor...I LOL & cry all at the same time! You are the BEST SISTER for Booger (LOL!) I am so sorry for this trial that has come to you & your mother & Scott & Family...You are all loved & in our thoughts & prayers every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betsy,
    Wanted to let you know that I have been praying for Booger, and everyone! Let me know if there is anything I can do. If you need me to watch the kids (Jack & Henry or Coby & Cora), I'd be more that happy to...we'd come and get them in a heartbeat! Also, if you ever just need to talk, feel free to call, text, im, whatever!, Im serious! Im usually always around. I love you, and it sounds like you are being a great sister! Wish I could give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete