Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hey, Diane here:)

Alright so I can't say I'm pulled together enough to say that this will make a lot of sense but I really wanted to post something to all of those following our family's struggle.

I am over whelmed with the love, support and many prayers that have been poured our way. I guess you don't know how many people you have in your court until you have a major trial that causes you to ask for help. On that note, Friday night when I was finally settling into try and sleep after all of the super scary 'stuff', I had my brain clear & came to a lot of conclusions. One is that I have to ask for & accept help with anything that I have a need for. I am so grateful to all those I have asked for help & have accepted without hesitation. Know that if you haven't been asked yet just the prayers and support is help enough...but know that we have a long road to recovery, so there will be many more needs.

Now for Scott's condition: Well I must say today has been a series of ups and downs. On one side the response that Scott gives when he is quickly awakened is good. He responded as the doctors wants/expect, Yay good honey the brains working. On the other side, he is very annoyed with his situation and at times...more often than not until they started heavier sedation, he tries to get out of bed, this is a very scary thing to see to say the least. The bad part about this is that his brain needs to heal and that much movement spikes all kinds of numbers that we don't want spiked. He still has a temperature but they are managing it. The nurse says that it may be an infection (which they started tests on this morning) or just the fact that his brain's thermometer is off. It something they see often, elevated temp with no cause. He is pretty heavily sedated but we still need to have a no talking or touching rule because he is very sensitive to what is happening and Dang It he wants to be involved. YAY Honey! His personality still shows after all he's gone through!
Ok it has taken me like 2 hours to write this much. I will post more later....cuz I've actually got lots to say hehehehe....anyone who knows what happens to Diane at night when she's low on sleep, should get a kick out of knowing Crazy is here to help Scott get better. wow 3rd person typing she must be a little out of it :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Didee! I love you! You can do it! We are all here for you! Thank you so much for calling us to help! Please keep letting us know if there's anything else! You can get through it, we all will be getting through it with you, know that! Love ya!
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,
    It's so wonderful that you have family and friends there to care for the children and give you moral support and a shoulder to lean on as well.
    With us living on the other side of the country, we feel pretty helpless watching as all this horrible stuff is happening you.
    Knowing that it's going to be a long recovery process, so keep asking for any and all help, you'll be juggling different issues and sometimes we aren't always aware that help is needed unless you tell us.
    As for Scott trying to take charge even while lying in hospital bed, well sweetie, being married to his uncle Glenn I have something to share,.... being bullheaded is a Cruickshank trait!
    Your in our thoughts,
    Michelle and Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane & Family, I check your blog first thing when I wake up & just before I go to sleep at night...I must say if nothing is reported at night since the morning blog my prayer for Scott becomes a little more urgent...Paul & I pray for a positive outcome & ask that all is well! We do understand that you all will have those ups & downs...so glad to hear & LOL that it is a Cruickshank trait to be so bullheaded...You will be amazed that when Scott comes out of the ICU he won't remember a thing that he did in terrorizing the nurses as he tries to escape his bed & all the items that are attached to him! Our Whitney is so looking forward to seeing you Monday night...I know she will do anything for You, Scott, & Family...Keep up the Good Work...You will be amazed at the lessons you will spiritually learn from this trial...Give Tara a big hug for me & we are there with you ALL! Love being sent your way! Paul & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to let you know I'm wearing a God tag (like a dog tag only it's a prayer reminder) to keep reminding me to pray for Scott to win this battle, and for Dianne to bare up under the incredible stress. Also for Coby and Cora, and for the support to be there when it's needed.
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thinking of you guys continually! Please know we are happy to help grandma with Coby at sunnyslope, or anything else you need. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in our prayers.

    xoxo

    Christie Ottosen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you with all my heart.. Anything you need..we are here! <3

    ReplyDelete