Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 14 Morning Update

I just got off the phone with Diane and just wanted to quickly let everyone know that not much has changed since last night. He just went down for another CT and the MRI didn't show anything significant. I will try and get some more info on that.

They did another breathing test during the night and he did pretty good. Diane said his oxygen number on the machine is down to a 40, which I believe means the machine is giving him only 40% oxygen and he's getting the rest on his own. This is good, considering the number used to be much higher.

He's still not responding the way 'we'd' like him to. The doctors aren't overly concerned yet about that, since they said it can take a while for the drugs to wear off. Also, having just a slight temperature can make his body work too hard to wake up easily. I think we're all just a little frustrated that he's not waking up very quickly (and when he does it's for about 1 second), especially knowing that the sedation meds are turned off. Then again, I ask myself, would I want to wake up very well if I had a tube down my throat?

~Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all informed. Everyone at Cascade Autocenter sends their thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to everyone. Thanks for all the updates it is the first thing on the puter that we look for and the last at night. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love the Dueman's

    ReplyDelete