Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 13 Evening Update

Not much has happened since I last posted. He did have his MRI this afternoon. The internal doctor told Diane a little bit about it but I feel more comforatable posting more after the neurosurgeons do their rounds in the morning. No worries, just don't want to post something I'll have to correct later. :)



His temp was down to 99.4 this evening and he is having a little more vasospasms today. So, they increased his BP again to help pump those blood vessels up (remember water hose?).



My aunt asked how increasing his BP affects his kidneys and I will make sure I find out more details on that. I do know that his creatinine level was at a 0.9 today, but was up to a 1.9 the day of surgery. Just so you know, our Uncle's creatinine level was at a 7.5 the day he had is kidney transplant last November. Knowing that, I'd say Scott is doing pretty good. The doctors are obviously focusing on healing the brain right now (and I get it) but for the rest of us Cruickshanks, in the back of our mind, we worry about the kidneys too. Even when Scott is fully recovered (and he WILL be fully recovered...you got that Booger?), he's still going to have PKD.



Tomorrow brings a new day and we are so thankful that Scott's with us and that things are improving. I will post more on the MRI results and anything else as soon as I know. Night night.

4 comments:

  1. Good things are going to start happening...then we move on to great things..love and hugs to all "4" of my kids and their fighting spirits..kisses for the "4" babies that are innocents in this..and hugs to all of you that are there "for" us in this journey. You can do this Scott!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse the ramblings of my last post...not making much sense anymore...working on little sleep and much anxiety lately..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are moving in Scotts favor, which makes us :)

    ReplyDelete