Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 21 Morning Update

Scott had another good night. His sleep schedule is off though...meaning he's a little like a newborn baby...sleepy during the day and more awake at night. Sorry Booger, I will never call you a baby again. :) Doctors are giving him something to help wake him up for during the day so he'll be more tired in the evening.

They are still working on his bed positioning and the amount of elevation he can handle. Once he can be elevated to 30%, he'll be moved to a cardiac chair. I think this is still a bed, but will allow him to sit up easier and hopefully get him moving around faster. I'll find out more once he gets it. Here's what I could find by doing a quick internet search...not sure if this is really it or not.

Let's see, what else? Oh ya, his bone flap may go back on sooner rather than later. Still finding more info out on this and don't want to get our hopes up, so I'll just post more on this when it is closer to happening. We were originally told that it could be 6-8 weeks before he gets it, maybe it will be much sooner? We can only hope!!!

He's got a CT scheduled for today and I will let you know how that goes later. Mom and the kids are on their way over for the day to bring Scott his new helmet. I'm sure the kids are soooo excited to see their dad! The last time they saw him was right after surgery...so this is very exciting.

~Betsy

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are progressing. So happy for you guys. I'm glad Tara, Coby and Cora are going to get to see Scott today. It will be good for all of them to see him awake and able to talk. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a PERFECT picture of Coby and Scott revealing their superhuman selves! That is awesome. So happy that things are progressing the way they need to. And how cool is that helmet? Cascade reminds me so much of your dad. He was always so sweet to Steve and I when we were first back in Wenatchee. He would hook us up with free tickets to things. So kind. I am sure John is watching over you all, and so close during this trying time. I hope you are all feeling comfort from his watchful heart. xoxo

    Christie O.

    ReplyDelete