Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 20 Mid-day Update

So, I went and saw Scott today and have to say, he looks really good. What a difference having the ventilator out makes. You can tell that he still is uncomfortable with all the other things they have going in and out of him. He was awake while I was in there and was talking to me a little. Still groggy and his voice was so quiet that it was hard for me to hear him. But...what a relieve to actually hear him again! He kept trying to pull his oxygen tube out of his nose and from behind his ears. I'd put it back for him and tell him to knock it off. Just kidding, I was nicer than that.

Another thing he was doing was rubbing his eyes and then his hand would go up towards his head and rub there! Talk about freak me out! I grabbed his arm and said, 'you can't touch up there'. Thankfully, his helmet will be arriving tomorrow. By the way, did we mention he'd be wearing a helmet for a while? Also, the body shop he works at is busy getting it painted really cool for him. I'll take a picture of it and post it on here when I get a chance.

When I asked the nurse how he was doing, she said really well. All his vitals are stable and she said he's improved a ton in just the past 24 hours. He's moving around a lot and trying to pull things out. This could become a problem for nurses and Diane to handle, but at least he's doing something. :) When he sleeps, he sleeps hard. Being awake tires him out but it's so nice to see him awake. I'm not sure when his next tests/scans are and will let you know when I find out.

~Betsy

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Just having the ventilator out must make Scott feel tons better. So glad he's able to talk to you now. Looking forward to seeing his cool helmet. We are all still praying for a speedy recovery. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the semi-finished helmet when I was picking my car up today. Oooooo . . . he'll love it! Kristi A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I'm SOOOO happy for all of you, and this GREAT news. :)

    ReplyDelete