Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 39 Update

Long space between updates, huh? The weekend was pretty busy for Scott, especially today. He had lots of visitors and that was good. More people got to feel his head...yay! Farmer and I actually went camping this weekend (I know... I know....how could we? Believe me, it was hard) and didn't make it down to the hospital until late this evening. Scott was sleeping when we got there but I think the yelling of my children woke him up pretty good. Just kidding. He woke up and had Farmer feel his head too. :) Then, all of sudden he takes off his blankets and starts to sit up! Talk about really freak us out. Diane puts on his snazzy helmet and there he goes, swinging his feet over the side of the bed and just sits there. It was awesome! It just so happened that right after he did this little maneuver, his nurse came in to do vitals. We warned her his BP may be high after sitting up and moving a lot but it was good. Another great sign....he's getting better and better.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as we hear more on when the flaps going back on, it should be this week.

~Betsy

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see you smiling and laughing this weekend...let alone sitting up with your feet on the floor..You will be out of there soon! I hope you know that I only wish good things for you and love you very much.

    Love You Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Congrats Booger! You'll be kicking bum and taking names in no time!
    Jen & Brant

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the good news Scott! Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with you and Diane.
    Love Craig & Nat

    ReplyDelete