Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 36 Update

Today was fun. Today was busy. Busy was why this post is so late. Fun is why I'm doing this post. Scott was fun today. I was able to bring the boys in with me while we visited for quite a while. I hadn't talked with Scott for this long since before surgery. He was awake for over 2 hours while I was there and it was so nice to have a light mood, despite all that was going on. He would laugh, he would grin, he would smile, and the best part....he was really messing with me. He was messing with my head by messing with his head. Seriously. It was awful. He'd reach up and rub his 'brain'. Every time he did that, I would get chills and goosebumps all over. I'd shout, 'stop that!'. And he'd just grin at me and say, 'you know, if I push hard enough, I just pass out.'. Gross! He would reach up there, over and over, and just smile because it freaked me out. It really reminds me of the typical sibling thing where one kid does something just to hear you scream. Then your parent tells you that if you stop screaming, they'd stop torturing you. Well, sure enough, every time I'd got mad at him, he'd keep reaching up to his soft spot. So, instead of getting upset, I decided to join in. Yup. You read that right. I reached up and felt his head too. Took me a while to get the nerve but I felt the ridge above his eyebrow and was shocked. I never knew our skulls were that thick. I mean, it felt like my finger dropped about in inch. Crazy stuff.

So, after today and that experience, I'm definitely ready for the flap to go back in. Then he'll have to find yet another way to bug me. Love ya Boog!

~Betsy

5 comments:

  1. Siblings.... except you don't hear: "Shuddup or I'll poke your brain" very often

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you 2 were able to have some light-hearted fun! What is it with brothers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee...this is great! I can just visualize the whole thing..Glad you had a good visit!! Love, Pary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the,.... Betsy you stop it right now, keep your fingers out of your brothers brain and I mean it. Now that's a weird sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scotty, you sure about this whole brain flap thing? I mean, you could stash stuff in that dent in your head. Smuggle things into the movies...keep donuts there...it's like having fat rolls, but in your head. That and you can freak out Beppy a bunch more:) {sorry Betsy!}

    ReplyDelete