Monday, May 17, 2010

GOOD NEWS, Diane

I have been sitting by Scott's bed side day after day pretty much being his nurse at this point and I just can't help it, I have to be the one to share this news!

Scott's bone flap is HERE. It goes in on WEDNESDAY!

Wow I can't believe it is finally going to happen. He will stay 48-72 hours for observation but with that being so close to the weekend the earliest he'll move on is Monday. He will be moving on to a Sub-Acute Therapy center most likely the Marysville area, close to my mom. (I wont be able to move in with him)

I need to clear something up. I posted a mistake...OPS! We were marked as in-patient/rush on the bone flap order. It takes 3 weeks at the soonest. We are 2 days shy of that so it really was fast. The reason for the time: The company is in Atlanta. The doctors here send a CT scan of Scott's head, they put the info into their computer and send back a 3D image of what it will look like. Scott's doctor looks the image over comparing it to the CT's they have of Scott and then send the signed off image back to this company. Now they are ready to use the 3D image from the computer put it into there machines and create a porex bone flap that will fit into Scott's missing piece of skull. They make and ship 2 just to be sure if something happens there's a back up. Ok Ok I get why this takes weeks now.
Hooray more steps forward....I don't remember if Besty said Scott stood up yesterday too :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay Scott! No more pushing on your brain! Lol Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott...please quit the brain pushing. YOU need all the brain cells you have darlin'!!! I am so happy that you are doing so well. We might try to make it over soon. Prayers continue in your behalf... WE love you and can't wait to see you in that snazzie helmet... :D Love, Pary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I'm still disappointed that it's not metal and we can't call you Booginator or see if you can pick up radio signals.
    Amazing what they can do. Can't wait to see you with a more aerodynamic and nicely rounded noggin.

    ReplyDelete