Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 68

Wow it's not even 5pm and Scott has had a huge day! The outing to the eye doctor went very well. So the explanation I promised to get... Keratoconus is a deterioration of the cornea causing the round shape of the cornea to change to a cone shape. Light enters the eye differently causing blurry vision. 20/20 vision is only possible with gas-perm contacts for his right eye that has this, but we're not looking for 20/20 we're looking for improved to progress in rehab (for more info do a google search on keratoconus) The glasses should be here by Wednesday and if we're super lucky his medical insurance will pick up the cost, because they are really only a therapy tool in getting him better (his vision insurance is different than medical & I don't want to use the coverage for glasses that wont be used for years when I know we will be going back to gas-perms once recovery is complete).

Speaking of insurance... it make the world go round you know... I have had a few conversations lately with friends and a concern has been brought up that I think I should address. We/I am very fortunate that Scott has disability insurance and great health insurance. Both of which his Employer Cascade Auto Center has picked up/continued paying so we don't have the added expense of maintaining premiums. This along with cashing out vacation and added help from our church has made it possible for me to stay by Scott's side. We have been extremely fortunate in this not so fortunate experience.

I have not heard results from the EEG, which brings me back to the good old days of no news is good news. They haven't rushed in with seizure meds so I'm assuming we're good until they tell me other wise. Given Scott's schedule today he Rocked PT & OT today!
His schedule today: 8am Breakfast ~ 9am eye exam ~ 10-11:30 EEG appointment ~ noon lunch ~ 1-2pm PT ~ 2-3pm OT ~ Rest (happening right now)~ 5pm Dinner ~ 6-7pm ST ~ PASS OUT for the night lol

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! We need to get back in to see you but some of us have been a bit sick so that would not be a good idea. We keep you in our prayers and thoughts!!! Hugs and see you soon!!! Love, Pary

    ReplyDelete