Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Follow Up w/ Dr. Newell

Today was the follow up appointment with Dr. Newell to make sure the shunt setting was still good and Scott is on track with recovery.

Most important thing we learned: We don't have to go back for 6 MONTHS!!!!

All went well! His shunt setting is to stay the same. The bubble is almost gone, with just a small amount by his left eye. The doctor said that it's fluid and muscle from the bone flap replacement surgery, which is why it's taking longer. He said that in a few months he expects it to be gone. It go faster, if Scott keeps pressure over the fluid. Back to the athletic cap in the evenings pulled down nice and low, for the authentic thug look :)

Scott got a Full Medical Release today! He now gets to work with Hillary at the Y to get on a stricter work out plan. YAY progression! They were very impressed to hear he does a 4 mile jog twice a week along with lifting and cardio at the Y.

Next Monday he has an appointment with the neurologist here in town. We were actually given some good question to direct to this doctor, so I'm looking forward to that... I wonder if when the doctors see Scott's name they think, 'Oh crap he has that wife who always comes with a list of questions!' Today Scott was making fun of me for having so many and I said, "Hey they are the ones who trained me to be like this!"

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he is doing so well, considering! Love you guys. Thanks for coming to Kelcie's farewell. Sorry I did not get to talk to you.
    Your mom keeps me pretty much updated.
    Fun to have her on my route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was good to see you last week. was a great activity. I really need to get onto your moms blog.
    Wishing you all a great Holiday Season

    ReplyDelete