Monday, September 20, 2010

Randomness

Last week Scott and I went to a stroke support group. He wasn't very excited about going but it was very helpful for me. They had speaker come in and talk about health insurance and medicare. Although Scott has great insurance, I do not. So I will share some info I got.
If you live in Washington and have to get health insurance outside of work you can there's a group that will help you for FREE! SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisers) they will look at all plans in Washington and help you get what's best for your needs. they also help with prescription drug programs if your on a bunch of meds. ALSO if you know anyone who has Medicare, give them this info and have them look at their plan between Nov 15th -Dec 31st. Come Jan 1 they will be locked into whatever they have for the year.... I learned so much about the system it was amazing. I'm going to make sure my grandma gets with an advisor to make sure she knows what she has.... Sorry for the rant...here's the info:
SHIBA: 1-800-562-6900 OR www.insurance.wa.gov

Scott's doing so well with the shunt setting being changed. The extra fluid on the outside of the bone flap is finally going and staying down! He's finally back in the pool and lifting weights. With the kids in school now were pretty much running from morning til night too. So life on the road to recovery is GOOD :)

1 comment:

  1. You really know your stuff... Keep up the good work! Visit my site, heritage house of keller health & rehabilitation center Great work buddy, keep it up

    ReplyDelete