Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 47 Update, Diane

It is official. Wenatchee Valley Medical Center Acute Rehabilitation has accepted Scott and we are heading home in the morning!


I can't believe it's finally here! We're leaving Swedish Cherry Hill Hospital after 6 & 1/2 weeks of in-patient care. Wow no wonder his insurance was so helpful in approving an out of network rehab center in our home town... Whatever you want just leave the hospital lol...my thoughts exactly!



3 not so happy, but not so bad things:

1st - the JG tube/feeding tube stays in until June 3rd. They want it in the full 6 weeks to be sure the scare tissue has built up enough that no stomach acid can escape into his body... Ok good reason to keep it.

2nd - He has to go to Wenatchee in a cabulance. He is very unhappy about this because he remembers the ride over. Not a pleasant memory...massive head pain mixed with a bumpy ride from snow covered roads.

3rd - I will no longer be at his side 24/7. This will be a huge adjustment for both of us! But the kids will be able to see him daily instead of weekly.



So HOORAY... 'Cause he's leaving in a cabulance, don't know when he'll be back again, oh babe I don't hate to go! Leaving Swedish Hospital!
(I hope you read this with a the 'leaving on a jet plane' song in your head cuz it's in mine!
OH SO HAPPY! Diane

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME NEWS!!! the ride back should be better then the ride over! So happy for you and your family see ya this week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I instantly started singing it! I am so excited to have you back! I missed you, :(

    Now I feel like I can bug you a bit more than I have been able to lately. I knew you had so much on your mind I didn't want to pile on more. McGlinn's is on me whenever you feel up to it. MY Scott will watch the kids. It's a date baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Diane, we are so happy for you and Scott and the kids!!!! Hope the drive over is uneventful. Good luck with whatever lies ahead~still sending lots of prayers your way!!
    Love Craig & Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the BEST news that he is coming home! Congratulations to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting!! Loved the "leaving (on a jetplane/cabulance) song! It is so comforting to know that you will be home instead of so far away for rehab....Love you guys bunches and hopefully see you soon! - Dora

    ReplyDelete