Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 52 Update

I finally got to see Booger in his new room today! When we pulled up to the hospital, Jack asked us, 'Oh, they moved the hospital?'. We had to tell him that it's a different hospital. I think he was pretty concerned about not going back to the 'old' cafeteria.

Anyways, Scott was sleeping when we got to his room and within about 5 minutes, OT was there to work with him. It was pretty interesting to see what they had him do. First, he got up and went into the bathroom. She put numbers and letters on the wall (the bathroom wall was the only blank wall thanks to all your letters and cards to him!!!) and had him point with his left and right fingers to the letters. She said this worked on his vision and makes him scan with his eyes for things. After that he sat on the edge of the bed and she worked with his muscles by doing exercises like reaching and stretching.

It was really good seeing him, especially since I hadn't seen him in over a week. I know I haven't been posting as much but then again, I'm not there as often to see him with my own eyes. It's a great thing to have him in Wenatchee though. Back home where family and friends can come see him. Even if all you've got is 5 minutes, I know he'd appreciate your visits.

~Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment