Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 48, Diane

Well I'm sitting here in the Wenatchee Valley Hospital. I didn't actually know that the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center was also a Hospital.
Physical Therapy (PT) was here and waiting when he came in. Once he was settled, she began working the range of motion in his legs. A little bit later he was up and walking without a walker (a person on each side helping of course) He did great! He's walking even talker today than yesterday.
Occupational Therapy (OP) worked on upper body & coordination.
Speech Therapy (SP) checked him over to see that he is eating well.
By this time he was beyond exhausted! They all had lots of questions to help set goals for his therapies. Each therapy has tests they'll run him through this week to see where is currently is and what they need to do to get him on with life. He is really going to be working while he's here!

Visitors: He is in room #349. Come in through the doors at the Emergency Room & Hospital, use elevators at the back wall up to the 3rd level. Check in desk is off to the right.
As much as he's excited to be in Wenatchee and wants to see people, therapy is kicking him in the face. We are asking that only family comes during this week, but starting Saturday, he's taking visitors any day between 10am- 7pm. The hospital asks that if he's in therapy, while we are welcome to watch, we are not welcome to interrupt. Sundays are a great day for visits, it is a day of rest even at the hospital:)
We both are extremely over joyed to be back in Wenatchee! The next step is Scott at home with me and the kids.
Thank you for all your love, support and continued prayers! I could not have done this without each of you! Knowing there were so many people who care about Scott lifted me up & kept me going through this whole experience...It's not over though. Scott has lost around 30lbs and it is mostly muscle! He has a long & slow road to complete recovery ahead.
Diane

4 comments:

  1. Hey Scott,
    So great to here you have made it back to your hometown! Thanks to your family, we have been able to follow your progress and we wish you the best for a speedy recovery. Bet you can't wait to get back on that harley.

    Take care,

    Bob and Lisa Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. So HAPPY to hear you & Diane are back in Wenatchee Scott! There's No Place Like Home! Keep up the Good Work! Thinking of YOU! Paul & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott, I just read through this blog and I'm so glad that you are on the mend. I remember years ago when I hurt my back in high school PE playing soccer you sent me a flower and get well soon wishes. Back at you! Take care and get better. You have a beautiful family.
    -Sarah Beth Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diane and Scott! You may not remember me too well but we met through the preschool. I just found out today that something had happened and have spent the better part of the last 3 hours reading every blog and crying just thinking about what you have both been through! I am so happy for all 4 of you that you are doing so incredibly well and that you are back in Wenatchee! I am thinking about you and hoping you get home quickly!!! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

    ReplyDelete